5/11/13

MS-18E Kampfer

The "E" in the MS-18E Kämpfer's model number was an abbreviation for the German word "einhauen," which translates to "one strike." "One strike" summed up the Kämpfers role in combat as a fast assaul unit. It was meant to strike quickly, cause massive damage with its varied weapons loadout, and make a fast escape. The Kämpfer was a very focused design, never intended to work outside of its created role. Within this role it was an exceptional unit, rivaling the Federation RX series in firepower and speed. The unit was covered with thrusters and verniers to give it high maneuverability.- Referenced Wiki

Mobile Suit Einhauen Kämpfer Custom!!!

 When I saw this iteration of the MS-18E.Kampfer Custom(that's what I'm calling it), I had to model it.
A custom resin re-skined model, the original modeler is a guy that goes by the alias of LittleBoy. Not sure who he is IRL(I don't know Japanese) but I'm amazed by his work and I love his version. Here is a link to his, blog?

The process of modeling strictly from reference images without "blue prints" slows down the roughing out process significantly, just because you have to tab out of Maya, but its ultimately a better habit.90% of the artist efforts are observation.

Here is my progress so far, started on the head, moved to the feet. Still working out the proportions  its rather difficult to adjust after beveling so I'm having to really work on my eye. Good practice.



Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment