5/5/10

Attack of the Fail Blueprints!








I have hit a road block :P
I was working on the the 'A' pillar of the Torino and was having issues with figuring out flow and orientation of the pillar. I noticed that my blueprints weren't lining up. I should have checked this earlier, but these new blueprints that I found looked ok, but, I should have measured twice and cut once, as they say. So, I hit the net again and did another search for blueprints for 71 torino. No dice. Came across some nice Torinos on car domain however. One especially nice ride > http://www.cardomain.com/ride/678383

Heres the 2 sets of blue prints Ive been using. I tried scaling them as much as i could. I need to scale "parts" of the car. Only way i know to do that is to chop the image up and scale each appropriately. I could do that, but then I run the risk of getting in-correction proportions.

On the 1st image is the photo blueprints that I found here.
Looking at the ruler lines, you can see that the side view and top view of slight variations that make them inaccurate.

On the 2nd image, found here.
There was no front view, but that was alright. Top and side don't line up, same as the photo, as-well as the rear and side view, indicated by the ruler lines also.

I'm not sure what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment